RE: [squid-users] VirusWall and Squid ACL

From: Herman (ISTD) <herman_ang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 09:50:57 +0700

Norman,

I have installed Interscan Viruswall and Squid on the same box. It
worked perfectly though in Trial version, automatic virus pattern update
cannot work. My squid is running on 3128 port, and my Interscan is
running on 80 port. Just redirect squid request to Interscan using
cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 80 7 default no-query. Make sure httpd is
not running on port 80.

Degradation in performance exists, but I think it is still acceptable. I
am considering for trying another TrendMicro product IWSS, which use
ICAP for communication with Squid. But this has to be installed on
another box.

Regards,

herman

(http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/solutionDetail.asp?solutionID=8496).