Re: [squid-users] filtering by file extension (was: problem with req_mime_type)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 13:44:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 4 May 2004, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> 2) file like http://some.server/file.zip?blah&blah&blah
>
> I bet it's safe to just omit "$" from 1)?

Better make it ($|\?)

(End-of-line or a question mark)

> 3) http://some.server/file%2Ezip
>
> I don't know how to do a match here?

The above will still match.. url_regex sees %2E as .

> 4) hardest:
>
> http://www.sveasoft.com/modules/phpBB2/dlman.php?func=select_folder&folder_id=12
>
> Clicking on it would result in downloading a zip file named
> Satori_v2_2.00.8.7sv-pre1.bin.zip.

And each of these needs to be identified separately.

You can enable logging of query strings in Squid access.log if this makes
your life easier in identifying these download URLs. Disabled by default
as query strings may contain user personal information of sensitive nature
(logins, passwords etc)

> Is it possible to pass such files from 4) to another proxy (not to
> download such files directly)?

See cache_peer_access / never_direct directives.