[squid-users] Error while retrieving Sites [HITCON VIRUS CHECK: OK]

From: <Maik.Linnemann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 11:00:28 +0200

Hi there!

First of all: I am really new in this mailing list and i dont know if my
problem fits in here, so if not: excuse me! ;-)
I installed squid a few days ago and combined it with squid guard to an
URL filter......
everything worked fine for me....... than i implemented the proxy into
another subnet ( of course i altered the config files for the new net! )
but since that day i allways get an error message while trying to visit any
website:

the requested url could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: /

The following error was encountered:
      Invalid URL

Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:
      Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or
      similar)
      Missing hostname
      Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
      Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed

why does squid alter the URL to an / ???????????

thanks in advance for your help!

HITCON AG
Maik Linnemann
Gartenstrasse 208