[squid-users] A weird problem

From: Deepa D <deepndharma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 10:16:40 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
   Squid stable version 5 was working fine with the
redirector for quite sometime but then suddenly one
day, the request from squid was not reaching the
redirector. The squid's log(in debug mode) said that
it had passed on the request to the
redirector(helperSubmit message) but the redirector
was not logging and message and the squid request was
getting hung.
   I tried reinstalling the whole thing but the
problem persisted. A fresh installation on a similar
system configuration worked though.
   Squid is set up on RedHat linux 8.0 and gcc 3.2.
The OS was not tampered with either in the meanwhile.
Could you kindly tell me what the problem could be.
Does Squid have any system level dependencies?

  Regards,
     Deepa