Re: [squid-users] parseHttpRequest: Unsupported method

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 23:39:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Hari Kurup wrote:

> Hi, I keep seeing these messages in my cache.log file.
> Access.log shows that they all come from one client IP address who is behind a NAT with 65 PCS.
> So it is almost impossible to identify the culprit PC.

Yuck..

> What could be the cause/solution? Is there something I can block?
>
> 2004/05/07 09:10:45| clientReadRequest: FD 510 Invalid Request
> 2004/05/07 09:10:57| parseHttpRequest: Unsupported method '@D}ïtÇÜd¤ÍDÿœÅøCçÞkäÈÝN»r†Ó»FÑÞñ·´>Ã’nÇ¥ú%…˜øyÇ]FùGd’M»B&B

These messages indicates there is a malfunctioning client sending crap to
Squid.

Is this a normal proxy setup, or are you transparently intercepting port
80?

If you are transparently intercepting port 80 then quite likely the cause
is some server using port 80 for non-HTTP traffic, quite likely a
peer-to-peer filesharing protocol but there is also many other abuses of
port 80.