Re: [squid-users] Issue with squid sending old htmls

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 07:08:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 9 May 2004, Chris wrote:

> I have customers that currently manage websites etc and they have recently
> since we deployed a default squid cache have been having issues with after
> they update a html or other non generated document (not a cgi or asp) they
> dont see the latest document nor do i unless i route through anoutside proxy
> like anonysurf or something like that.

Are you running the proxy in transparent interception, or do the users
have their browsers configured to use the proxy?

If transparent then ask the users who have trouble to configure the proxy
settings in their borwser.

> Plus i have noticed updating programs like adaware and spybot that use web
> page docs for there list of the latest files are no longer saying they have
> updates.

There hasn't been any updates for adaware or spybot in some time that I
know of..