[squid-users] More than 2 GB cache_mem

From: <Eckart.Hofmann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:48:07 +0200

Hi,

I got some machines (SUN V440, Solaris 9) with 16 GB of RAM dedicated
to run Squid (currently 2.5STABLE5).
So it would be nice to use more than the maximum of "cache_mem 2 GB",
which is the default when using the "vanilla" source.
But my researches (squid mailing list archives, Squid FAQ, Web,
groups.google.com) failed.
Unfortunately Idon't have enough experiences with C to understand
the sources of squid to decide where to change one (or more?)
parameters to overcome the 2 GB border.

Any help appreciated.

Tia,
      Eckart