[squid-users] squid / apache authentication problem

From: not disclosed <n0td1scl0s3d@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 13:45:36 +0000

Dear List,

Since upgrading squid 2.? to squid 2.5 I have encountered a problem with
apache authentication.
The upgrade involved a change to the format of squid.conf (I can't remember
the previous version number).

Problem:
I run apache and squid on the same machine. Some of the web pages are
password protected using apache with .htaccess statements. Squid is used as
a proxy for outgoing connections.

Since upgrading if I use the squid proxy the authentication for the apache
served webpages fails prior to being asked for the password. If I do not
use the proxy and connect directly to this machine then the authentication
works.

I am assuming that this is a trivial problem probably caused by me
misconfiguring squid but I am
stuck and cannot find an answer to this problem.

I would be grateful for any suggestions,

Thanks SA

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger