Re: [squid-users] How to cache Windows Update files?

From: Zen <zenmurugan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 11:20:21 +0530

Thank you for your response.

I am using squid2.5stable5 version. if we make "on" the "reload_into_ims
on|off" then, will this become the global configuration?. If I want to make
"reload_into_ims on" only to particular "refresh_pattern" will it be
possible. Because if I want to make the client's "no-cache" or "reload"
requests to "IMS request" only to the microsoft update site, how is this
possible? Is there any solution to this?

Thanks
-Zen.

> The problem is that the ActiveX control used by Windows Update requests
the
> files with a CLIENT_REFRESH tag. I'm using these two lines to get around
> this.
>
> refresh_pattern windowsupdate.com/.*\.(cab|exe) 4320 100% 43200
> reload-into-ims
> refresh_pattern download.microsoft.com/.*\.(cab|exe) 4320 100% 43200
> reload-into-ims
>
> /Andreas

---