[squid-users] ftp w/ FileZilla and squid

From: Yedidia Klein <yedidia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 10:07:58 +0300

Hello,

here is my way to use squid for proxy'ing ftp connections:
most of the users use ftp only for downloading files in anonymous login
and this work fine w/ browsers.
some users need specific access to some sites for upload, they use
FileZilla configured to use HTTP1.1 proxy (that is my squid) in passive
mode.
for these sites my squid conf is the following: (SSL_ports is configured
as in default)

--snip--
acl lycos_ftp dst 212.78.204.231/32

http_access allow CONNECT lycos_ftp
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
--snap--

In this way I'm allowing connect (that could be used for other protocol
that I don't want) only to this specific site.

I there a better way to deal w/ it ? (note that I don't want to install
a ftp proxy like frox)
Is this way unsecure in any way ?

thanks

--Yedidia