[squid-users] Cachemgr deciphering questions?

From: Mueller, Rex <rmueller@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 11:34:43 -0500

All,

We have WCCP and Squid 2.5a5 running under RH9, We are trying to get a
good picture of the actual amount cached, in an effort to save us
bandwidth.

Can someone send me a information on what specifically to look at in the
cachemgr.cgi? We are not squid experts.. We are using the product to see
if we can effectively reduce traffic to/from the "Internet". And what
is the best way to decipher it to show much traffic is hitting cache and
how much is passing cache to make new requests?

We like to baseline some statistics so we can tell as we add additional
schools to the cache manager we should be able to see a direct
correlation to traffic flow throw squid and WCCP.

Rex Mueller - Systems and Security Engineer

ESU#3

6949 S 110th Street

LaVista, Nebraska 68128

rmueller at esu3 dot org