[squid-users] Réf. : [squid-users] ICAP configuration

From: <sdavy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 15:54:54 +0100

Hello,

as far as I know, load balancing is not yet implemented in the squid-icap
patch, which means that the first configuration wouldn't work as expected
and probably send all the requests only to one server.

---
Stéphane Davy - Consultant Alcôve

                      "Dave Raven"
                      <dave@raven.za.net>       Pour :   <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
                                                cc :
                      14/05/2004 14:53          Objet :  [squid-users] ICAP configuration

Hi all,
             Just a few questions on ICAP configuration if anyone can help
-
there are not many documents on it. I'm wondering about the differences
between load balancing (round robin or smart) between multiple servers, and
forcing squid to icap to multiple servers each request... My best guess is
this :
#Preset acls:
acl HTTP proto HTTP
acl GET method GET
---
icap_service s1 respmod_precache 0 icap://10.10.10.1:1344/virus_checking
icap_service s2 respmod_precache 0 icap://10.10.10.2:1344/virus_checking
icap_class c1 s1 s2
icap_access c1 allow HTTP GET
---
That would load balance c1 between the two servers
----
icap_service s1 respmod_precache 0 icap://10.10.10.1:1344/virus_checking
icap_service s2 respmod_precache 0 icap://10.10.10.2:1344/content_checking
icap_class c1 s1
icap_class c2 s2
icap_access c1 allow HTTP GET
icap_access c2 allow HTTP GET
---
That would cause the request to go through BOTH servers...
Are my assumptions correct?
Thanks
Dave Raven