[squid-users] Question about a statement inside squid-cache.org

From: Lizzy Dizzy <lizzy_99@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 03:49:55 +0000

Hi,

I saw this sentence inside the squid-cache.org...

"Yes. We benchmarked Squid-2.4 with DISKD at the Second IRCache Bake-Off.
The results are also described here. At the bakeoff, we got 160 req/sec with
diskd. Without diskd, we'd have gotten about 40 req/sec. "

Does this means that there is a long request queue waiting for the cache
server to process? Am I right to say that there are at least 160 requests
waiting to be served, and with diskd turned off, only 40 gets in at one
time. But with diskd turned on, 160 got in at one time.

Thanks Liz

Find love on MSN Personals http://personals.msn.com.sg/