[squid-users] Bypassing local address

From: <ashish.uchil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 15:56:28 +0530

Greetings all ..

I have a typical problem.
I have configured squid for internet access.
All Intranet(inside our organizations) sites are bypassed at the browser
itself for most of the Users.
But some users who work on a physically separate network but access our
squid cannot have these addresses bypassed.
Thus when they try to access Intranet sites ,they hit the Squid which tries
to Query the Internet DNS configured and thus results no IP address and the
request dies.
Is there anyway in which i can tell the Squid to refer to our Intranet DNS
for this particular Intranet URL/URL's ?
I guess entry in the hosts file does not help !!

Regards ,

Ashish Uchil