[squid-users] Question on Squid's capabilities

From: Jason Williams <jwilliams@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 15:39:33 -0700

Hello everyone.

We are in the process of deciding on a web proxy to use for our company
here. I have convinced the management here to let me put up a squid server
and have all of our users go through the squid server.

They asked a couple of questions regarding the capability of squid and I
wasn't sure. Thus, I decided to ask here.

One thing they want to do is either block or limit both streaming audio and
streaming video. I know squid can do this.
However, is it possible to do some type of throttling for streaming audio
and video? For instance, maybe I can throttle streaming audio and video so
tightly that my users just give up on trying to listen to radio stations.

That is the one main question I have on squids functionality. Oh, of course
we are going to block 'pron' web sites as well as setup ACL's for different
groups in our company.

I appreciate the help and feedback.

Jason