[squid-users] Re: Active Directory Group

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 14:31:04 -0400

Aaron Arnold wrote:

> I'm looking for away to setup squid caching to allow me to to
> allow group Internet access to the internet and group nointernet well no
> access to the inter using a Windows Active Directory group. Is this
> possible and will dansguardian get in the way of this?.

Yes, this is possible. Use Samba 3.0.x and the wbinfo_group external acl
helper. There is documentation on how to set this up in the FAQ and in the
list archives.

I don't think Dansguardian will get in the way - I think redirectors are
checked after the http_access lines (which is where the group membership
will be checked).

Adam