[squid-users] dedicatd Squid Accelerate to cache MS WIndows Update download

From: <sampei02@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 23:17:06 +0200

dear Squid.users
is there method to cache MS Windows Update dwonloads using "dedicated" Squid
acting as Accelerator ?

Using Squid as accelerator:

I used my client to going www.microsoft.com and that's all right, instead
when I click on WindowsUpdate link (http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com)
 after about 40 seconds browser gets an error.
Where can it be error ?
1- When MS Windows Update starts on client, browser runs several javascript
functions; perhaps could it (javascript ?!) be the cause of this problem
with Squid Accelerator ?
2- Squid Acc. should have to do a simple page request to MS site and ,when
Squid receives the anwser from MS , it should have to send it to client.
OK ?! I saw http traffic with tcpdump and I noted communication, among client
and squid acc., teminates without particolar signs (no reset package, ....).

Tiscali ADSL libera la velocita'!
Attiva Senza Canone entro il 17 maggio: navighi a 1,5 euro l'ora per i primi
3 mesi,se scegli il modem e' tuo in comodato gratuito e in piu' hai gratis
SuperMail per 12 mesi. Non aspettare, attivala subito!
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/prodotti/640Kbps/