[squid-users] Squid and mysql_auth

From: Bert Beaudin <bert.beaudin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:51:41 -0600

Hello all
        Trying to get squid and mysql_auth to work. I have built squid
by ./configure --prefix=/var/squid --enable-auth

Mysql_auth works form the command line but I can not get the acl
configured correctly.
Here is what I have.

#Recommended minimum configuration:
#
# Only allow cachemgr access from localhost
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager
# Deny requests to unknown ports
http_access deny !Safe_ports
# Deny CONNECT to other than SSL ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
#
# We strongly recommend to uncomment the following to protect innocent
# web applications running on the proxy server who think that the only
# one who can access services on "localhost" is a local user
#http_access deny to_localhost
#
# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS

# Exampe rule allowing access from your local networks. Adapt
# to list your (internal) IP networks from where browsing should
# be allowed
#
acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
auth_param basic program /var/squid/bin/mysql_auth
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
http_access deny all

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks,