[squid-users] Re: NTLM and Plain Auth

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:00:11 -0400

Laurent CARON wrote:

> I'm trying to get NTLM and plain auth (ldap) working together.
> Both works fine when used separately, but together, only NTLM (IE) works.

If Squid presents both NTLM and basic authentication, IE will chose NTLM if
the user is logged into a domain. Or are you saying that authentication in
non-IE browsers does not work with NTLM enabled?

> -----
> squid.conf
> ----
> auth_param ntlm program /usr/lib/squid/ntlm_auth samba_ldap2/SMBLDAP2

Is that the helper that comes with Samba 3? If so, that command line is
wrong - it should be:

auth_param ntlm program /usr/lib/squid/ntlm_auth
--helper-program=squid-2.5-ntlmssp

Adam