[squid-users] Auth Issues

From: CheSter <chester@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:41:57 +1000

Howdy Guys,
         I currently am having issues with forwarding authentication, I think.
Basically I run a large squid server a central location using SMB_AUTH to auth
my users. I then have approx 30 remote sites running squid using my main squid
server as a parent. There is no auth at the remote sites as the parent does this.

All servers are currently running redhat 7.3 (I know it's old). The parent cache
is 2.5.STABLE5 and the remote squid version is 2.4.STABLE6. The current auth methods
work flawlessly.

I've recently been instructed to upgrade the remote squid versions to something similar
to the headoffice version. However any attempt I've made breaks the authtenication
somehow?

Unfortunately I've no idea how the old remote squids were compiled ? The employee that
did has since left. I'm currently using

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/squid --enable-arp-acl --enable-delay-pools

And the same conf as the earlier version. The newly compiled squid accepts the conf
happily without generating any errors? But continully brings up the auth window yet
you can not auth? No errors are logged in either cache's logs.

Is there something that needs to be enabled to allow the auth from the parent to be
successfully used ? I'm not sure if it's a compile time option I've missed or some
thing that changed between 2.4 & 2.5 ?

Thanks for your time.

CheSter