RE: [squid-users] squid 2.5s5, all ntlm_auth helpers stuck in reserved state

From: SXB6300 Mailing <SXB6300@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:19:09 +0200

Hi,

I have already encountered it a couple of times. In my case, it appears during some period
of heavy traffic (a lot of ntlm authentication) coupled with a slow down of the DC answer
speed (the helper avg service time grows). The concerned helpers remain in state AR during
some time and then go in ARS. I'm using 200 helpers (I have nearly 1000 users on this proxy).
As you, I remarked that it as nothing to do with the number of requests handled, as it
usually at approximatively the same period, independently of the number of requests handled
till then.

        Pierre-Emmanuel