[squid-users] mime type based extension blocking

From: saravanan ganapathy <sarav_gsa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 23:05:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hai,

I am very new to this group and coudn't find answer
for my query in the archives.

I want to block certain extensions to get
downloaded.(for ex. exe)
It works fine with the following rule.

    acl exe-filter urlpath_regex -i \.exe\?*
    http_access deny exe-filter

But it also blocks urls which contains exe in it,
though its not an exe download.I heard that we can
solve this issue by implementing squid2.5 and using
http_reply_access & rep_mime_type.

Can you please send me the correct syntax to use for
my case?

Please help me

Sarav