Re: [squid-users] How can I uninstall squid from FreeBSD?

From: Thomas-Martin Seck <tmseck-lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 06:59:30 +0200

* User PUNDALEEK P Belamge (pundaleek@liebnitz.ece.iisc.ernet.in):

[I am the current maintainer of the FreeBSD squid ports]

> Hi Frndz,
>
> Please suggest me regarding the question mentioned as Subject.

As Adam Aube already said: if you installed squid via the ports system,
first use pkg_delete. Since pkg_delete just removes the "static" parts
of the installation (binaries, documentation and data files) but not
the squid user, your cache and your cache logs, you need to remove these
manually. To remove the squid user, use "pw userdel -r -n squid" (if the
squid user is named "squid", which is the default when installing squid
via the ports system). Do not remove the "nobody" user, though! Then
remove /usr/local/squid (I assume that you left the cache and log
directories in this directory) and any remains of /usr/local/etc/squid
(this directory will be emptied and deleted by pkg_delete if you did not
modify the supplied configuration).