Re: [squid-users] Running out of file descriptors OSX

From: Jeff Donovan <donovan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 07:56:17 -0400

greetings
this is one of the problems. there is no setting ( that i can find )
for kern.maxfilesperproc here are the numbers that come back.
kern.maxvnodes = 33584
  kern.maxproc = 2048
  kern.maxfiles = 12288
  kern.argmax = 65536

On an OSX machine there is no sysctl.conf ( not that i can find ).

nor can i locate /usr/include/bits
this may seem to be an Apple lists question. I thought someone might
have known off hand.

--jeff

jeff donovan
basd network operations