[squid-users] Problems with simple squid redirectors

From: richard skeggs <richard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 13:38:45 +0100 (BST)

I am trying to set up squid to act as a reverse proxy, from reading the
documentation squid calls this a redirect . To make life simple I have set
up in the squid.conf file the following variables as described

redirect_program which from the log extract below I can see has been found
and loaded

2004/05/26 18:04:35| helperOpenServers: Starting 5 'redirector.pl' processes

Extract from squid.conf

redirect_children 5
redirect_rewrites_host_header off
redirector_access acl All src 10.14.1.150
redirector_access allow All
redirect_bypass off

The content of my redirect perl script is very simply

#! /usr/bin/perl

use strict;
$|=1;

my ($uri, $client, $ident, $method);

while (<>)
{
   s@http://10.14.1.150:3128/eghsnap1@http://www.sun.com@;
   print;
}

To start with I want to keep things simple and to be honest i dont need to
get that comples anyway. However when i try to access the url (
10.14.1.150:3128/eghsnap1 ) I get an error

While trying to retrieve the URL :/eghsnap1
The following error was encountered
    Invalid URL

Is this problem simply a miss understanding and really I shoule be usering
squirm / squidguard instead?

Thanks

Richard Skeggs