[squid-users] (104) Connection reset by peer

From: Jerry Norton <jnorton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:07:43 -0600

I googled for this error and found a few posts by Henrik but didn't find
any info that really applied to what I was seeing. The full error I am
getting is follows:
ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.xxx.com
<http://www.tritonguild.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?>

The following error was encountered:

    * *Read Error *

The system returned:

/ (104) Connection reset by peer/

An error condition occurred while reading data from the network. Please
retry your request.

Your cache administrator is webmaster <mailto:webmaster>

I cannot duplicate the error but I usually see it when I hit the 'back'
button in my browser. It will go away if I try again or refresh the
page. I am tailing all my squid log files and do not see any error
message come through. Just the standard 'hit' 'miss' stuff.

I am running Squid 2.5.STABLE5 on Debian Woody Testing. I have
Shorewall firewall on the same box but get the error even when firewall
is not running.

Any suggestions on where to start looking if it's not in the logs?

Thanks in advance everyone,
-jnorton