Re: [squid-users] Squid Redirect

From: Hendrik Voigtländer <hendrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 22:04:21 +0200

Hi,

what exactly do you mean with redirect?

if squid is able to resolve all local domains it will fetch the content
according to the routing setup on the server. IMHO it will never route
those requests to your ISP. You need a proper DNS setup to do this.

You can use automatic proxy config to tell clients to bypass squid for
local sites.
Additionally all internal sites can be configured noncacheable (match
them with ip-acl = all non-public adresses 192.168.0.0/16 and so on) for
those who insist of using the proxy for all traffic.

Regards, Hendrik.