[squid-users] Transparent Proxy Server Error - Squid 3

From: Daniel Czarnecki <daniel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 16:22:59 +1000

Hi Guys,

I am running Squid 3 and trying to use the transparent proxy features.

In my squid.conf I have:

http_port 8000 transparent

In my firewall:

$IPT -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $INTIF -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 8000

When the transparent proxy is accessed I get the following error:

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: /

The following error was encountered:

Invalid URL
Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:

Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or similar)
Missing hostname
Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed
Your cache administrator is webmaster.

Generated Sat, 29 May 2004 06:22:39 GMT by gateway.charlesrose.com.au
(squid/3.0-PRE3)

I have also tried to accelerate hosts with the same error. What am I
missing?

Cheers,

Dan