RE: [squid-users] Does reconfiguring and reinstalling make the cache empty?

From: Gert Brits <gbrits@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:44:16 +0200

Hi There

If you remove squid ( RPM ) it keeps the cache directory, and the rc
script.rpmsave and the /etc/squid/squid.conf.rpmsave.

If you recompile squid, and run as different user, the cache directory would
be un accessible. ( chown squid.squid /var/spool/squid -Rf fixes it )

I don't think even with a compiled version of squid, that the cache
directory will be removed.

Regards

Gert Brits
Senior Engineer