Re: [squid-users] I want to block some page of sex?

From: Hendrik Voigtländer <hendrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 20:12:57 +0200

Hi all,

using an acl like

acl wordsex urlpath_regex sex

will most likely annoy your users as a lot of url do contain the word
sex but no pornographic content, e.g. www.sextant.com, www.essex.ac.uk
and so on.

IMHO acl with large blacklists may slowdown squid, I prefer squidguard.

We do content-filtering with squidguard with combined sets of web urls
(blacklist/whitelist) from the squidguard project, the chastity-list,
our own robot AND a selfmade whitelist as all blacklist may contain
false positives (e.g. mass hosting services). Redirector service time is
not measurable (0 ms) on a 2GHz machine.

Regards, Hendrik