[squid-users] Problem with ftp permissions

From: DOUHINE Davy <Davy.douhine@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:04:40 +0200

Hi all,

I use Squid/2.4.STABLE6 and have some problems accessing a particular ftp
site.

_ When trying to access the site using my squid I get a 404 error page that
tells me:

The following URL could not be retrieved:
ftp://user@ftp.site.com/directory1/directory2
Squid sent the following FTP command:
CWD directory1
and then received this reply
directory1: Access is denied.
This might be caused by an FTP URL with an absolute path (which does not
comply with RFC 1738). If this is the cause, then the file can be found at
ftp://user@ftp.site.com/%2f/directory1/directory2.

_ When trying to access this site using a simple ftp client I get the same
error (when I do "cd directory1" I get "550 raft: Access is denied."). But
"cd directory1/directory2" is working !

_ And when trying to access this site using an IE 6 browser I can reach it
without any problems.
I assume that IE is doing directly "cd directory1/directory2"

Is there a solution to make squid going directly to directory1/directory2
instead of going to directory1 and then directory2 ?

I hope my bad English is clear enough to understand...

Davy