[squid-users] Re: SSHA authentication

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 12:53:45 -0400

Roberto Puertas Lorenzo wrote:

> I'd like to validate the users by using an authenticator. Their ids/pwds
> are in a SunONE users file but i can't seem to find a way to check for
> the password which is SSHA coded. Hint?

You will probably have to use basic authentication and write your own
helper. Basic auth helpers aren't that complicated - they read 'user
password' on STDIN and print 'OK' or 'ERR' on STDOUT in an endless loop.

Basic auth gives the password in clear text. Just have your helper generate
the SSHA hash of that password, and compare it to the password entry in the
file. Print 'OK' for matches and 'ERR' otherwise.

Adam