[squid-users] TCP_MISS/503 Errors.

From: Marc Hultquist <marc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:00:35 +0200

I am very new to squid ! And while yes I have been able to setup a squid proxy
server, it has been fine up until now. Let me basically explain my setup
quickly.

Squid Proxy Server(10.240.1.242:8000)
Wireless 2mb connection.

The users will basically authenticate against the squid proxy server against
the local acl files located in /var/squid, it does not have a problem with
the authing against the files, but where it seems to fail is that no matter
what site the users try to go to, it will show them the following message

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.genetech.co.za/
The following error was encountered:
    * Connection Failed
The system returned:
    (111) Connection refused
The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.
Your cache administrator is marc@cks.co.za

and in the /var/log/squid/access.log file I see the following.

1086939227.215 5936 10.240.1.208 TCP_MISS/503 1023 GET
http://www.genetech.co.za/ marc NONE/- -

and no matter _what_ site the users or myself go to it will give the same
error, and shows the same line in the access.log file. I then try using
another proxy on the network and everything works 100% ! ? I phoned the
service provider and well they seem to think their is not a single problem
with the wireless tower in our area, I do have full signal, but yes I just
cannot seem to resolve anything ?

ANY help would be appretiated

--
 Marc Hultquist (marc@cks.co.za)