[squid-users] How does DNS go through squid?

From: dravya <dravya@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:06:59 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
I am a total squid neewbie.

I was wondering, DNS uses port 53 right? So how does squid do DNS lookups? If I set my
browser settings manually, and type a non-existing url. I get a message from squid saying
it couldn't do a look up. However, when I make squid transparent. I don't see the same
page again. I only see a message that says couldn't find page (which is not from squid).
So is squid caching DNS entries??

thanx guys
Dravya