Re: [squid-users] delays pools and RPM

From: Jon Kay <jkay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 03:41:33 -0500

[zuņiga] wrote:

> Now I want to use Delay pools, but I read in squid.conf if I use delays pool
> I must recompile squid with --enable delay-pools.
>
> How can I do it from an RPM? or when I install from a rpm package squid
> compile with all parameter?

Most RPMs are packages of already-compiled binaries. You can't recompile them
because they don't include
source code.

There is such a thing as a "source RPM" (SRPM), which works just like other RPMs,
except that instead of containing
binaries, it has source code. Red Hat usually puts SRPM contents in
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES when installed. There
may be an SRPM for Squid on the source code CD. If so, you can install it and
compile it up however you want.

If not, you may have to just fetch the source from squid-cache.org.

Jon Kay pushcache.com - "push done right"
             Squid consulting / installation