Re: [squid-users] Minimum disk usage, squid installation?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:30:48 +0200

On 11.06 10:42, dravya wrote:
> I would like to know what are the unnecessary files that come with
> squid. My idea is to install the barest minimum needed for squid to
> work as a transparent proxy. I know there is the man page. Anything
> else?

are you really THAT low on disk space? In such case, anything except squid
binary, config and startup script is useless.

If you run squid to control access to the web, you probably need a
redirector binary. Otherwise, I don't see a reason for running squid.

"They say when you play that M$ CD backward you can hear satanic messages."
"That's nothing. If you play it forward it will install Windows."