[squid-users] Which log file analysis tool do you recommend?

From: Angela Burrell <angela@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:07:34 -0400

Hello,

I have looked at the page http://www.squid-cache.org/Scripts/ which lists
some of the Squid log file analysis tools. I didn't realise there were so
many!

I have squid running on Linux 2.4.18 kernel. I am looking for a log file
analyser, that can show me the NETBIOS name of the client computer (or IP
address if absolutely necessary, but the IPs are dynamic.) If the analyser
updates in real time that's a bonus. I don't really need that much detail,
perhaps a listing of the sites each workstation visited and the time, for
instance.

HTML format is OK since I have Apache installed and working on my server
(although I don't know how to configure it), so the log file analyser should
be easy to install and use from a newbie point of view. (and/or come with
instructions.)

Any suggestions? Which analyser software do you use and why?

Thanks!