[squid-users] Disallow client refresh?

From: Ken Ara <feedreader@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:26:20 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I use Squid in accelerator mode to cache dynamic content. But it seems that even if a fresh cached file is available, certain aggressive bots can cause a cache MISS. For that matter, I wouldn't mind disallowing a refresh to all user-agents except my own. If I could count on Squid to serve copies of ephemeral content, that would be easier on my database...

I tried this:

acl aggressive src xx.xxx.xx.xx
never-direct allow aggressive

but this only got them an error, since I have no neighbors or parent.

How should this be done?

TIA,
Ken