[squid-users] Squid and Websense

From: John <john.rushe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:44:41 +0100

Hi,

Is anybody out there using squid with websense? We are in the process of
converting from sun one (formerly iPlanet) proxy server with websense to
squid with websense. The hardware we are planning to use is an IBM x345 with
dual 2.8 Ghz xeon processors, 2.5 Gb RAM and 3 x 36 Gb hard drives. My site
has approximately four thousand internet users. The one thing I am not sure
of is if the hardware will cope with both squid and websense running on the
same machine. Has anybody got experience of this configuration or does
anyone know if the x345 will happily handle squid and websense together?

Regards

John