[squid-users] Squid in no cache mode

From: Deepa D <deepndharma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:21:48 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
   I am running squid-2.5.STABLE5 in the "no cache"
mode. Our system configuration doesn't permit us to
use caching. I have done some tests and find that the
response times are quite high(averaging to about
16secs per request but goes upto even 1.5 mins in a
few cases). I have logged the squid times from the
access.log file and notice that squid's times are the
major contributor to this. Could you kindly suggest
some measures that I could use to improve squid's
performance in the no cache mode. I have checked the
document on improving squid's web caching performance
and have incorporated a few changes.
   Kindly respond asap.
    Regards and TIA,
       Deepa