[squid-users] Squid and Virus Screening

From: Douglas Lane <doug@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:10:47 +0200

Hi all.

I have a question which I cannot seem to answer. I have searched google, but
obviously for the wrong things.

The question I have is is it possible to screen or scan all files downloaded
(main extensions such as zip/rar/bzip2/gz/tar/exe) for viruses while they
are being downloaded (transparent to the user)? And if so, how could one do
it? I suppose you could use a wrapper but am not sure exactly how to do
that.

I understand that this will have considerable resource impacts on the server
itself, specially if the internet is used (and abused), but I would like to
implement something like that.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas, or knows of some documents that
I could read. Been thinking of using something like squidGuard source and
just change the code to redirect all extensions like exe and so on to
clamdscan.

Thanks in advance
Douglas Lane