[squid-users] Re: Authentication MSNT y NTLM

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 22:26:07 -0400

Enrique Charry wrote:

> I have configured MSNT y NTLM working with domain; but
> some users in browser, a password prompt pop-up.

So it works for some, but not others?

I'm guessing that you either have too few NTLM helpers, or your domain
controller(s) can't keep up with the requests from Squid.

Cache Manager NTLM helper stats can give you more information, but the
standard response is to increase the number of NTLM problems. If it helps,
then you had too few helpers.

If not, then the bottleneck is at your domain controller(s), and you have to
solve the problem there. Either dedicate a domain controller to service
requests from Squid, or find a way to load-balance the requests among
domain controllers.

Adam