[squid-users] mail Client acces via child proxy

From: adrian.wells <adrian.wells@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:02:44 +0100

Hi,
We have a local proxy (proxy1) that connects to the net via our ISP's parent
(isp_proxy). We also have a child proxy (proxy2) in one of our departments
that connects via our proxy

www---isp_proxy---proxy_1---proxy_2---clientx

This works well except when trying to connect to our mail-servers' webmail
client via its public address from clientx.

Upon trying to send an email, proxy1 (!) reports that it can't find the
address although the user can log in to the email client.

ERROR_MESSAGE_STARTS

While trying to retrieve the URL:
http://ourpublicIP:8383/Xb52e9b9ac8ce9ec8939e7fb852b1/sendmail.23013.cgi

The following error was encountered:

Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at
this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is
incorrect.

Your cache administrator is proxymaster@ourdomain.

ERROR_MESSAGE_ENDS

Tests from outside, or from a client connected directly to proxy1 work fine.
Also, this may be connected, searches through google (but not say Lycos)
fail occasionally.

Any clues please?

Kind regards
Adrian Wells