[squid-users] Transparent proxy and bypassing some destinations

From: Armando Reis <areis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:15:16 +0100

Hi,

I'm working on deploying squid in intercept mode.
I've checked the faq, and tried some configuration changes, but I still
have some problems.

I've got the proxy working, intercepting requests and apparently fully
operational.
However I would like to set up some form of bypassing squid for those
webservers that present problems when accessed via proxy.

I've tried the always_direct option, as below, but this doesn't seem to
work for me...

acl DIRECT_ACCESS dstdomain -i "/path-to-squid/bypass.config"
always_direct allow DIRECT_ACCESS

In the bypass.config file I've placed both urls and ip addresses.
I've also tried specifying one domain ".domain.TLD" directly in
squid.conf, instead of including a file.

Am I completely off-track?
Can this always_direct be used even when in intercept mode?

I'm trying to avoid doing this on the routers. That would be the last
option.

Can someone, give me some pointers on this?

Thanks
Armando