[squid-users] Re: squid_ldap_group binddn problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:59:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Rafael Tonin wrote:

> Is there any way to pass the user/password supplied by the user as the "-D binddn -w password" required by our directory for the following search:

Both yes and no. Not without a bit of coding, but technically this is
possible to solve when using the Basic authentication scheme.

It is possible to tell external_acl_type to send the Proxy-Authorization
header to the group helper, but to make use of this the helper needs to be
extended with the capability of accpepting this input and use it for the
bind password.

> Is it possible in any way to use the athentication provided by the squid_ldap_auth module as the bind required for the search via squid_ldap_group.

Unfortunately not as the two run in separate processes and also separate
in time..