RE: [squid-users] Linux 2.6 Kernel. Any benefits?

From: Jonathan Pace <pacej@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:18:19 +1000

-----Original Message-----
From: Lizzy Dizzy [mailto:lizzy_99@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 23 June 2004 4:11 PM
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject: [squid-users] Linux 2.6 Kernel. Any benefits?

Hi All,

I am keen to switch my kernel to 2.6.7, due to reports that it is much more
efficient that the current 2.4 kernel. I am currently using Squid 2.5-S4.

Has anybody switched from a 2.4 kernel to a 2.6 kernel? Do you really see a
performance boost in squid?

Thanks
Liz

The Linux kernel 2.6 seens to be a little more smooth just in general.

I am running my squid on Fedora Core 2, and its authenticating with me
Active driectory Server.
Its been 3 days now, and the system hasn't been touched, and is running like
a charm.

Seemed a little unstable on Redhat 7.2... Some of the services kept dieing.