RE: [squid-users] Allow connect specify http website without ncsa authentication

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:19:15 +0200

> Can you more explain?
>
> I try with this but it's not ok. metalink.oracle.com must be
> ask a Username/password prompt but it doesn't appears.

 It does for me when I click on the linl 'Login to metalink'

 Please note that authentication to webcaches (proxy authentication) and
 authentication enforced by remote webservers (auth. required header) are two
 different things, do not know about each other, and can thus happily
 coexist and do not interfere.

 M.