Re: [squid-users] squid -2.5 stable5 automatic boot

From: Peter Albrecht <pa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:36:55 +0200

Hi,

On Friday 25 June 2004 12:54, Elsen Marc wrote:

> > Salam,
> >
> > i installed the squid2.5 stable5 on redhat linux 9 its
> > running fine
> > bur i want to run it aoutomatic when my system boot and i want to
> > instal its serviecs help me
> >
> > Thnx.
> >
> Put a line to start squid in :
>
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local
>
> E.g :
>
> /path/too/squid_binary/squid
>
> M.

the better way would be using a startup script for this. I don't know the
exact location in RH 9, but should be something like /etc/rc.d/init.d/squid .
I guess there is a script which you can use as a template (or copy the script
for squid which is provided on the RH CDs). For details, have a look in the
man pages of chkconfig or insserv. If you use such a script, you can easily
start, stop, and check the status of squid.

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Albrecht, SUSE LINUX AG, peter.albrecht@suse.de