[squid-users] multiple HTTP ACCEL PORTS...

From: Mongryong LEE <mongryong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 02:20:00 -0400

Hi,

I have several backend web servers. Some web servers will be on different
machines while some will be on the same machine. For the webservers that
are on the same machine, they will obviously need to listen on different
ports.

Here's a hypothetical mapping:

www.foo1.com -> internal.server1:80
www.foo2.com -> internal.server2:80
www.foo3.com -> internal.server2:8080
www.foo4.com -> internal.server2:8081

Is there a way to achieve this using squid 2.5? I know it's easy to do if
all your backend servers were on the same port - you simply turn on http
acceleration and set the http accel port to 80. But this doesn't work when
one of your internal servers is on a different port.

I have tried using SQUID and JESRED (a redirector program). But I keep
getting 'ACCESS DENIED' problems for POST related requests. I think I'm
getting into forward loop problems. Anyways, I don't like using this method
because it is very messy and squid has to spawn external processes (JESRED)
to handle to redirection.

Any help will be much appreciated...thanks!

Add photos to your messages with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE*