[squid-users] useragent ACL directive

From: David Renton <drenton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:26:44 -0400

We have been using squid successfully with NTLM auth and NT domain
groups, and squid ACLs to limit web browsing to either a positive or
negative list of sites.

Due to the US Homeland Security recommendation,
http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/713878, to disable scripting in Internet
Explorer, I would like to disable the use of IE with squid. So, I would
like to know if squid has an ACL that will work against the browser
useragent? I can't rely on the users to willing stop using IE.
Further, I cannot simply remove IE, since it is used for some Intranet
and Extranet web sites. However, beyond those sites, I want the users
to run Mozilla for all generic browsing. (Mozilla now supports NTLM
auth on Win32!!! :-> )

I have searched the mailing lists, and read "Squid - The Definitive
Guide" but did not find an ACL based on useragent. Of course, maybe I
missed it.

If there is not a useragent ACL, does squid offer an ACL that is based
on the headers the browser sent to squid?

Thanks -- david